In a web browser, navigate to one of our 6 wiki servers....
- http://kingfield.msad58.org/Click My Page
Enter your username and password - this is the same username & password that you would use for logging into your computer.
At the top, click "wikis".
Click "Create New Wiki"
Enter a Wiki Title and Description and click NEXT
Choose a Theme and Click NEXT.
SET UP PERMISSIONS - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!
DO NOT LEAVE THE DEFAULT.
The default is that ANYONE can read or edit the wiki - you will get tons of spam entries if you leave this.
- The title of the wiki can be seen by ANYONE on the Internet. Please do not use students' names in the titles of public wikis.
- If you check "Users must log in to read", any MSAD #58 student or employee can log in to read the wiki.
- If you check "Users must log in to write", any MSAD #58 student or employee can log in to edit the wiki. AT A MINIMUM, CHECK THIS BOX.
- The title of the wiki can not be seen unless a MSAD #58 student or employee is logged in to the server.
- You can enter specific users or groups of users who are the only ones who will have access to the wiki.
- Different users or groups can have permission to "read only" or to "read and write"
- Click Create
After the wiki is created, you can change permissions. On the Right-hand side, under Admin Functions, click Settings.
Make changes and save.